Thursday, February 28, 2013

One Year From Now - Blog Challenge

So some of the girls that I have been chatting with have thought it may be fun to do a blog challenge! I think this is a brilliant idea and I think it will help me to broaden out my blogging a little bit.

This weeks challenge is... 

Other than KTFU or have a newborn, where do you want your life to be a year from today?

I want a house, like, really bad!  I find myself going to real estate websites and finding houses that I like, and imagining what I would do to the kitchen or how I would paint the living room.  But, in order for us to get a house within the year, we have to save.  I am terrible at saving.  As in I didn't have any savings until after T and I got married and got a joint account. 

My folks are talking about selling their house.  It isn't painted the way I would do it, and I hate their neighbor, but I would buy it in a heart beat!  It's a perfect house for T and I, and when we have kids, it would be the perfect home to raise them in.  It's the same home that my sisters and I were raised in.  The neighborhood is good, the schools are good.  It would be the perfect house for us.  But, unfortunately, I am not 100% certain that we can afford it when they sell it.

We did however, today, take a look at my credit score.  I have never had credit and I would have sworn that the credit I did have, was terrible.  Either from my lack of credit, or the destruction of my credit from when I was 18.   Well, surprisingly enough, it isn't too bad.  Only a few under T's.  So that should make it easier for us to get a house when we do decide to get a house.  I am going to talk to a friend of mine who just bought a house, and figure out what our next step is.

So that is where I want to be in a year.  I am sure it is reachable, we just need to put our minds to it.  I just don't know if I can stay where we are living for much longer then a year.  Bad neighborhood, bad structure of our house, and dang does it get cold quick in here.  Did I mention that I live in a bad neighborhood, not to mention our neighbors have serious issues.  Oh I hope we get a house soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment