Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Frozen Pipes

So it looks like the pipe that is frozen is our gray water pipe, which means that water we use to wash dishes, do laundry, shower, and brush our teeth with is going directly under the house.  I keep telling myself that it could be worse, that the water could be in the house, or it could be black water (sewage) going under there.  That is making this a little better but it still sucks.  I had to go to my mothers house in order to do enough laundry to get us through the rest of the work week. 

We finally called the landlord yesterday, and finally today at around noon he called T back to tell us that  his normal plumber is on vacation until Friday.  That's just freakin wonderful.  Makes me all sorts of gitty on the inside.  T keeps telling me that he can fix it, but I don't believe that it is our responsibility, plus, if anything happens while he is down there then we are liable for all costs.  As you can tell, T doesn't want to have to wait until Friday for this to be dealt with and I don't blame him. But, here is what I don't understand... One, why did it take the damned landlord so long to call us back and two, as soon as he heard the words broken pipe on his voicemail, why the hell didn't he automatically send someone out. I don't care if his regular plumber is on vacation or not.  This is just plain ridiculous!

I am supposed to go to my sisters tomorrow to see A and spend some time up there with them.  Now, I am not sure if that is going to happen since I am waiting for the landlord to send someone out.  I realize that the plumber can come out by himself and get under the house himself.  That is fine, he can do that, but again, we have the cat.  I think T is going to try to leave work early so someone can be here when the plumber gets here, and to make sure that Buddy is put in the back bedroom if the landlord decides to show up with the plumber.  Here's hoping that our plumber is reliable and the work he does isn't half assed.  As far as going up to my sisters tomorrow that should happen unless we get a call from the landlord saying he will have someone out in the morning, and even if that is the case, once the guys under the house, I don't see why I need to be here.  Especially, if the guy is creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment