Sunday, October 20, 2013

Who Is Going to Hire the Pregnant Lady???

That is the question I keep asking myself....

I have not been fired, I have not been let go or laid off.  We are going on strike.  I work for Safeway, I do everything there, everything from Bookkeeping to being a Starbucks barista.   As of Monday night at 7pm we will be walking off the job.  I am scared, I am afraid that I won't have insurance and I am afraid I won't get maternity leave. 

Today I worked 10 hours, trying to help with the chaos of the store.  I told my manager I would stay until my body started hurting.  Well, I could only do 10 hours, which is pretty normal for me.  But right now, while I am sitting here, I am exhausted and think that maybe I over did it a little.  Maybe tomorrow I will only work 9 hours. 

The good thing is, I guess, is that the holidays are coming and all the shops are looking for extra help.  I plan on going to Target and Macy's if the strike last too long.  I will also go to Starbucks to see if they will need help.  Since I am trained and already certified I should have a foot in the door, so to speak.

I guess, that is all, we will see what the next 24 hours brings us.  T says that we will be alright for a little while, but I still worry.  I guess for right now we will just see what the future brings us.  As of right now, the future is bringing us a lot of uncertainty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment